Dr. Greg Waslen:
“Whether you have been thinking about cosmetic surgery for a while, or have just started to consider your options, it is a big step and should not be taken lightly.
A small change on the outside can create extraordinary change on the inside, changing the way you feel about yourself.
We help ensure you are confident and comfortable in any decision. We believe it is important to take the time to explore your individual options and to discuss realistic expectations and desires to help you make the right choice for your best outcome.”
– Dr. Waslen
- Medical Director, The Plastic Surgery Centre, non-hospital accredited independent surgical facility
- Specialist teacher for students and residents, University of Calgary, Medical Department
- Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Calgary
- Director, Division of Plastic Surgery, Calgary General Hospital (1986 – 1997)
- Fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery, University of California, Irvine (1980)
- Certified Specialist in Plastic Surgery by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (1979)
- Graduate of University of Saskatchewan School of Medicine and University of Western Ontario School of Medicine specializing in plastic surgery.
Memberships, Public appearances, Hospital Appointments and Licenses
- Member of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgery, the Canadian Society of Aesthetic Surgery and the American Society of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery.
- Specialist presenter and lecturer to colleagues, students and industry experts locally and at a national level with a focus on leading facial laser and rejuvenation surgery
- Expert resource for media reporting, including television appearances and live surgery filming focusing on facelift and breast augmentation surgeries
- Member of the Calgary Health Authority with full surgical and admitting privileges to the Peter Lougheed and Rockyview Hospitals
- Dr. Waslen is accredited with advanced cardiac and trauma life support credentials
- Director of the Plastic Surgery Centre, a non-hospital accredited independent surgical facility
- Fully licensed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, providing all aspects of plastic, cosmetic and laser surgery.
Our experienced and expert team is available to introduce you to the procedures and treatments available at The Plastic Surgery Centre, providing initial insight into the demands of surgical care and recovery and different treatment options for your best outcomes.
Our multi-disciplinary team is dedicated to supporting Dr. Waslen and to providing the best care for each patient - from consultation through surgery, recovery and follow-up. This team includes medical administrative staff, clinical patient and skin care coordinators, digital imaging specialists, registered surgical nurses and medical anesthesiologists.
Each staff member is fully accredited, as appropriate, under their respective professional body and actively participates in ongoing professional training and development to continue to deliver the highest quality care to patients.
Our team is available at the office via telephone or e-mail weekdays, Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm and will be very pleased to assist you with any inquiries you may have, before or after your consultation or surgery.
Our surgical and anesthetic staff meets and exceeds clinical and regulatory standards for best practice.
Immediately following surgery, patients recover at the facility with one-to-one, individual nursing care until they are completely comfortable to go home, and discharged by Dr. Waslen.
All patients are subject to a post-operative care regime, including appointments with the doctor and nurse to monitor recovery. Our highly qualified and experienced nursing staff assists patients with individual care plans tailored to individual needs. Complete written post-operative care instructions are reviewed and explained before surgery in preparation for the recovery period.
Skin Care Team
At Professional Skin Care, we offer no-obligation complimentary consultations for all our services. Consultations allow us to give you the information you require to make an educated choice regarding your skin care plan.
Our staff includes trained Registered Nurses, committed to helping you understand the many benefits of effective and continued skin care regimes.
As a medical clinic directed by Dr. Waslen, Professional Skin Care provides the most advanced technology, equipment and procedures available.
Beauty is ageless when you care for your skin with an optimized program. We offer a range of effective products and treatments available only through medical professionals. Solutions are designed to meet your individual needs: from daily skin health maintenance to sophisticated treatments for special skin challenges and to combat the progressive signs of aging.